Friday, February 19, 2010

Hw#40-School Interviews x5& Synthesis

Chris Arroyo

Q:Do you think the hours of school is enough?why?

A:Uhmm, i think the hours are substantial, they're not long and their not short. I mean  they could be longer but its equal hours for each class.

Q:Do you think kids should be based on a letter/number grade why or why not?

A: I mean it might not show how bright the student is but shows the effort the kids put in their work to get the grade, so i think they should be based on letter grades, as the concept is you get what you earn.

Q:Do  you think teachers take advantages of their placement?

A: Uhmm, I think at times they may, but they have that superior power their students, it really in my opinion depends on the matter at hand.

Tommy Healy

Q:Do you think the school like a prison? Why or why not?

A:No, i don't think its like a prison because  its not a form of punishment its actually to help better yourself for the future.

Q:When you hear the word school what do you think of and why?

A:Uhmm homework that i didn't do lol. Because i am too lazy.

Yarelyn Mena

Q: How do you feel about the teachers  in your school? Do you like them/do you dislike them?

A:They teach good money. It doesn't go much further than that. I don't really know most of my teachers besides the way they teach you know? like some connect much with their students.

Q:Is there anyway we could improve the school system? How?

A:More students togetherness lol. I don't know how to say it. Like more things where the whole grade could be mad cool.

Q:Would you like school if you more successful at it? Why or why not?

A: I already like it, i feel like I'm pretty successful at it now because I'm happy with my grades and what not.

Edward (Dad)

Q:Would you like school if you more successful at it? Why or why not?

A:I guess  yes, it would encourage me to do better of course. I would know what i was doing.

Q:Do you think kids should be based on a letter/number grade why or why not?

A:I like numbers, they are more accurate, i don't think grades should be eliminated because how you suppose to know if they know what they are assessing.

Q:Does school teach you more than life experiences?

A:Its a different type of learning school, school learning and when you go outside its street learning should know both.

Part B:
Most of the people i interviewed felt we should have grades to assess them none thought they we shouldn't eliminate them. I thought at least one person would want to eliminate grades but it didn't happen. I noticed that when i asked my dad who did good in school but as well said he would like school more if he was successful at it and my friend Yarelyn feels she is doing well because she is getting good grades. One thing i find interesting about the concept of school is the actual school experience and the fact that if were more successful in school such as getting good grades and not getting trouble kids would like it more but unfortunately it is not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment