Monday, October 19, 2009

Feed A

The book Feed is similar to my current lifestyle as digital media today because the story is sort of based on us. Just as the teens are listening to their "feeds" and always trying to buy the newest technology so are kids today. Its kind of like we have a feed ourselves except it in television, cellphones, and other digital devices. On the other hand we think for ourselves and make our own decisions but in the novel the feed seems to make all the decisions for them and seem to know the best choice of everything from what to do to what to buy and how to live.

I think that Feed is supposed to be a parable of modern teenage life. I think that they saying we do not really think for ourselves and we are socially lazy with everything we do. I think we are Titus and the author is Violet and he is trying to tell us what is wrong with us. Its like we are dumb and we allow digital media to speak for us just like the Feed does for everyone in the book. In one part of book when Violet comes to dinner with Titus family and Violet and Titus father start arguing, it seems like she challenge him which i find relevant to how you can see the difference of a person who has a feed their whole life and one who adjusted it and wants to fight it.

I think that Titus is scared of living the feed or giving it up a little since he has been so used to it his whole life. Unlike Titus, Violet was not as fortune as he was and understood how to be "normal or not using the feed" which i think she prefers to think for herself and likes to write things down etc. If Violet was richer i think that maybe she would not think about the Feed as much as she does and would enjoy it more since she did recieved it at the age of 7. I think the author is right about what he is saying and i did not really think of it as much and it kind of made me feel like im dumbing down with the future technology.

1 comment:

  1. Leah's treasure hunt
    Leah Leah Leah :)

    I read through your post and your feed A stood out to me the most. I really liked how you evaluated Titus and brought up the topic of how he is scared of living life without the feed because he rely's on it so much. At the beginning of the post you connect Feed to your personal life and really got into detail and i thought it made the post a lot more meaningful because you weren't talking aimlessly.

    Your main points of how you connect the feed to television and cellphones but how as a teenager we still think on our own...i feel like that was very insightful because in class discussions i don't recall anyone bringing up that point. They either agree or disagree that we are similar to the feed. Another great point was when you compared Titus to us and violet to the writer... i never thought of it like that and it helped me get a better understanding of the book and why certain things were written the way they were.

    It is obvious that both the feed and the digital world connect. As you stated in your opening paragraph televisions and cellphones are similar to the feed because they shoot out information to us and most people in society try to buy the newest device that comes out. When if you really stop to think about it... THERE ALL THE SAME!

    I think that if you added some specific quotes to your blogs when referring to Feed or any other book we read in class. I really enjoyed reading this blog though you connected everything together and you brought up really good main points that i wouldn't have thought of.

    Your last sentence "I think the author is right about what he is saying and i did not really think of it as much and it kind of made me feel like I'm dumbing down with the future technology." really made me think about how when i beg my mom for a new cellphone when my phone does the same exact thing i should think about how the company/ device is really brain washing me and just wants money.

    I can't wait to read you blogs to come i really enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete