Monday, November 23, 2009

Comments

Hey Steph,
i thought your short story was funny and interesting. I think the message you were conveying about being cool is to stay in class and get an education in order to do something you have passion for such as basketball. Also that getting good grades is good but it seems in your story that the character does not do that at all. Overall your story was good and i hope to read more of them.


Heyyy Norra,
Your story was good. It reminds me of me when i first went to middle school and making new friends. The character thought that being able to make friends that can be a meaning to be cool or even a start. I agree with Ean about you going into detail about the two different towns and schools. =)

Matt
I thought your short story was cool. I like how you talked about the defintion of being cool is being an indivdiual. Charlie kind of reminds me of myself because i don't follow anyone i tend to do my own thing. Overall i agree with steph it was creative and hopefully read more of your stories. =)

Francesaaa
I really liked your story. I liked how you explained how the main character wanted to more of an individual and keep to herself instead of being the popular one which i believe was the "cool" part. It showed the two different cools, the appearance of cool and the cool within you. Great Story! =)

Hi Sarah,Your story was cool. It seems your character was being who she was which is waht you consider "cool". I agree that being yourself is cool and whoever does not like it screw them. Your character is cool and the other kids in the class think so too which makes her even cooler! =)

From the stories i read, lots of people were a teenager and going to a new school or High School and talking about fitting in and trying to get the approvals of others. Some of them is just appearance cool and just have a mask on. Most of the stories i read people were more individuals and rather just be themselves and not care what others think which is a symbol of "cool".

I believe that to most of students short stories cool is not being popular or getting fresh or anything its more just following your own instinct and being a leader. Instead of following those who wanna be "cool". For example, in Sarah's story and Francesa's story the main characters decided to do themselves and forgot what others thought which was "cool".

No comments:

Post a Comment